Hi Jean,

If you are using our client libraries, you don't need to manually set the
access token in your request as the library itself is generating an access
token in the background using your refresh token. If your access token is
about to expire or has already expired, the client library will
automatically generate a new access token using the refresh token.

About setting or reusing the access token, this is already incorporated in
the client libraries, and you don't need to do this manually. There is also
no method currently that would manually set the access token in your
request. If you want to reuse your access token for your separate requests,
then you can use the refresh token instead as this is linked to your access
token at a time.

Also, if you are not using our client libraries, you can refer to the
generic OAuth2 guide
<https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2>. The guide
provides a step by step instructions on how to authenticate via the
authentication type of your choice. For example, if you will be
authenticating via the "Installed application" type
<https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2InstalledApp>, it
provides the whole steps on how to generate the refresh and access tokens
and how to call an API method
<https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2InstalledApp#callinganapi>
 via
HTTP or CURL request.

If you have further clarifications on this, I suggest that you create a new
forum thread so we can better track your concern.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/27859cd1-3f65-4ebc-9539-fa90aa26ec1c%40googlegroups.com.
  • Re: ... Jean-Fabrice Rabaute
    • ... Jean-Fabrice Rabaute
      • ... 'Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • ... Jean-Fabrice Rabaute
          • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Jean-Fabrice Rabaute