Hi,

I've extracted two times the *AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT*, the 1) with *no*
segmentation and the 2) with segmentation by date.

Report 1) shall give aggregated metrics about ads over all time whereas
report 2) is used to analyze trends and especially the active time
(status=enabled) of each ad.

It's surprising that when executing a left outer join from 1) to 2) on the
ad_id that in roughly 50% of the cases an individual ad didn't enter an
enabled state on any day in report 2).
If all ad states are considered (disabled/enabled/paused) the join performs
as expected.

Note that there isn't a correlation between the impressions, clicks or
conversions of an ad and if it is successfully joined or not.
In other words, although an ad isn't found with state=enabled in report 2)
it doesn't mean that it has only very low to zero metrics - which is in my
view confusing since an ad with a considerable amount of impressions must
have been enabled at some point of time.

I'm considering for this experiment only
AdNetworkType1=AdNetworkType2=SEARCH and AdType in [EXPANDED?_TEXT_AD,
EXPANDED?_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD] and a few mio ads.

I've extracted report 2) only with the fields ad_id, ad_group_id, ad_state,
date and have the feeling that I'm not receiving all rows which I expected
to receive. Am I the first one experiencing this behavior?

Best,
Felix

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/496ac865-69eb-4b1f-bf76-da91f62bad71%40googlegroups.com.