Hi Vincent

I was thinking about this again. In the Campaign Group Performance Report
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/campaign-group-performance-report>,

the account ID (or ExternalCustomerId in API nomenclature *) is currently
not available. I would interpret this that the campaign group ID is
globally unique and not just within an account as you've stated earlier. If
not, you should quickly make the account ID in that report available as
well. Else there is no way to distinguish campaign groups between different
accounts.

Ciao Marcel

* Your nomenclature is quite confusing sometimes: You talk of accounts in
the GUI (e.g. account ID), in the API it is called ExternalCustomerId and
the header of the report file says "Customer ID". What is that object
called now? Account, external customer or customer?

On Monday, 12 March 2018 10:09:39 UTC+1, Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)
wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> I am a teammate of Bharani and will provide support to you as she is OOO.
>
> Account ID is globally unique (as any AdWords account with a
> clientCustomerId is unique) but CampaignGroup ID is only unique at the
> account level. So when you have the pair (Account ID, CampaignGroup ID), then
> this pair is also considered globally unique, similar to your Account ID
> being globally unique.
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent
> AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/3654d857-8e25-4c48-a73e-a7c2af89ada0%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Marcel Zemp
    • ... 'Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Marcel Zemp
    • ... 'Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Marcel Zemp
        • ... 'Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... Marcel Zemp
          • ... Marcel Zemp
            • ... 'Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum