I create new Conversion Actions periodically with a Python script. There
are usually some small batches (1-5 objects per day).
Unfortunately, after running 2 days ago a big import and successfully
creating ~360 new Conversion Actions the API doesn't accept more and throws
RequestError.UNKNOWN

I could not find any limits for number of Conversion Actions described in
the doc, and the error is usually more descriptive when hitting limits, but
I have a feeling it has something to do with the number of elements.

Some notes:

   - I tried both v201802 and v201710
   - I tried different xsi_type (AdWordsConversionTracker and
   UploadConversion)
   - I use Manager Account for Conversion Actions (to simplify
   cross-account conversions)
   - I have 1,069 enabled actions and 9 removed ones.
   - I tried to create a duplicate one (for testing) and received the
   expected *Duplicate* error (not the *Unknown* one).
   - >36 hours have passed since my last successful creation of Conversion
   Action (I hope any throttling should have expired by now)

The script I run:
import googleads
client = googleads.adwords.AdWordsClient.LoadFromStorage()

client.SetClientCustomerId('841-135-3369')

service = client.GetService('ConversionTrackerService')

operations = [

    {'operand': {
        'alwaysUseDefaultRevenueValue': False,
        'attributionModelType': 'LAST_CLICK',
        'category': 'DEFAULT',
        'countingType': 'MANY_PER_CLICK',
        'ctcLookbackWindow': 90,
        'defaultRevenueCurrencyCode': 'USD',
        'defaultRevenueValue': 0.0,
        'excludeFromBidding': True,
        'name': 'Foo Website Conversion',
        'status': 'ENABLED',
        'trackingCodeType': 'WEBPAGE',
        'viewthroughLookbackWindow': 30,
        'xsi_type': 'AdWordsConversionTracker'
        },
      'operator': 'ADD'}
]
service.mutate(operations)

Response I receive:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
   <soap:Header>
      <ResponseHeader xmlns=
"https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710";>
         <requestId>00056d549ed9bad80a620b522f0faee9</requestId>
         <serviceName>ConversionTrackerService</serviceName>
         <methodName>mutate</methodName>
         <operations>1</operations>
         <responseTime>401</responseTime>
      </ResponseHeader>
   </soap:Header>
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>[RequestError.UNKNOWN @ operations[0]]</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <ApiExceptionFault xmlns=
"https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710";>
               <message>[RequestError.UNKNOWN @ operations[0]]</message>
               <ApplicationException.Type>ApiException
</ApplicationException.Type>
               <errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:type="RequestError">
                  <fieldPath>operations[0]</fieldPath>
                  <fieldPathElements>
                     <field>operations</field>
                     <index>0</index>
                  </fieldPathElements>
                  <trigger/>
                  <errorString>RequestError.UNKNOWN</errorString>
                  <ApiError.Type>RequestError</ApiError.Type>
                  <reason>UNKNOWN</reason>
               </errors>
            </ApiExceptionFault>
         </detail>