Hi Greg,

We need to update the Unique IDs documentation a bit, now that AdService is
available. The more detailed version is like this:

- AdId represents a globally unique creative ID. This means that you can
edit an Ad using AdService using creativeId without any concern of ID
collision.

- AdGroupAd is a link that associates an Ad to an AdGroup. But we don't
expose an AdGroupAdId. You could use the pair (adgroupid, adid) as a proxy
ID for AdGroupAd. Hence our warning that when querying using
AdGroupAdService.get, you should not consider adId to be a unique Id, you
should rather use the pair (adgroupid, adid) as a unique pair.

So, you are fine if you follow these guidelines:

1. When using AdGroupAdService.get, use (adGroupid, adId) as a unique ID
for querying purposes.
2. When using AdService.mutate, use adId as a unique ID for updating the ad.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.