I just wanted to mention that we're experiencing something similar moving
to v201806 and trying to test that things are working. We have tests where
some should be exemptable ad text and some not exemptable, to make sure we
handle things correctly. At this point, the only thing we can get to
trigger any kind of policy violation in a test account with v201806 is
multiple exclamation points, which trigger the new PolicyFindingError
(which is good that we can trigger that).

But, using all kinds of other ad text that produce PolicyViolationErrors in
production in v201802 and/or are explicitly mentioned as violating the ad
editorial policy (like "work @home", "big big SALE", "FR33 ShiPPiNG", "buy
hunting rifle", various brand names that produce trademark violations in
production, etc.) don't produce any kind of PolicyViolationError against
our test accounts in v201806, breaking our tests and making it very hard to
make sure the code works.

For us, and possibly Peter, if you could just give us some example ad texts
that would produce both exemptable and non-exemptable PolicyViolationErrors
in test accounts with v201806, that'd be good enough (rather than, for
example, trying to make the test accounts in v201806 do identical policy
violation checks as production).

Thanks in advance,
Greg

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 5:51:44 AM UTC-5, Peter Lanser wrote:

> [...]
> com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.client.AdWordsServiceClient.soapXmlLogger
> SOAP response:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
>     <soap:Body>
>         <soap:Fault>
>             <detail>
>                 <ApiExceptionFault xmlns="
> https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201710";>
>                     <errors xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xsi:type="PolicyViolationError">
>
> <errorString>PolicyViolationError.POLICY_ERROR</errorString>
>                         <ApiError.Type>PolicyViolationError</ApiError.Type>
>                         <key>
>                             <policyName>weapons</policyName>
>                             <violatingText>Rifle</violatingText>
>                         </key>
>                         <externalPolicyName>Google
> AdWords</externalPolicyName>
>                         <externalPolicyUrl/>
>                         <externalPolicyDescription>This ad or keyword
> requires review before it can run.</externalPolicyDescription>
>                         <isExemptable>true</isExemptable>
>                     </errors>
>                 </ApiExceptionFault>
>             </detail>
>         </soap:Fault>
>     </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> However, the error is not triggered when using v201806. The expected error
> is not triggered:
>
> [DEBUG]
> com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.client.AdWordsServiceClient.soapXmlLogger
> SOAP response:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
>     <soap:Body>
>         <mutateResponse xmlns="
> https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201806";>
>             <rval>
>
> <ListReturnValue.Type>AdGroupAdReturnValue</ListReturnValue.Type>
>                 <value>
>                     <ad xmlns:xsi="
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:type="ExpandedTextAd">
>                     </ad>
>                     <status>PAUSED</status>
>                     <policySummary>
>                         <reviewState>REVIEW_IN_PROGRESS</reviewState>
>
> <combinedApprovalStatus>UNDER_REVIEW</combinedApprovalStatus>
>                     </policySummary>
>                 </value>
>             </rval>
>         </mutateResponse>
>     </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> We are aware that there are some changes concerning policy violations as
> mentioned in
> https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/release-notes/v201806#policy
>
> and
> https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/exemption-requests.
> However, we wouldn't have expected that no error is triggered at all.
>
> Are we missing something? Why isn't the policy error triggered when using

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/fced4efb-f332-4212-8402-384c0ab145e6%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Peter Lanser
    • ... GregT
      • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... GregT
          • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
            • ... 'Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
              • ... GregT
                • ... 'Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
                • ... GregT
                • ... peter . rietzler