Hi Christian,

Sometimes the pulling of report data fails when the report being pulled is
extremely large. The workaround solution you did is correct. It is advised
to lessen the data being retrieved by cutting down the date range to a
shorter timeline or you could also include more filters. You may read more
about timeouts in this guide
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/reporting#timeouts>.

As for the changes that may have caused this, there are currently no known
issues on our side regarding this.

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team