Hi Teja,

thanks for your response and following up with your team.

There's an interesting thing I just realized when playing around with the
AdService. No matter which fields you actually specify in the selector, the
service will always return a minimum set of fields. To illustrate, if you
just list "Id" in your selector, you'll get back the following fields for
all Ad objects:

id
url
displayUrl
finalUrls
finalMobileUrls
finalAppUrls
trackingUrlTemplate
finalUrlSuffix
urlCustomParameters
urlData
automated
type
devicePreference
systemManagedEntitySource
Ad.Type
headlinePart1
headlinePart2
headlinePart3
description
description2
path1
path2

Interestingly, up until Ad.Type, these are just the attributes of the base
 Ad type. But the following ones seem to just apply for ExpandedTextAd.
It gets stranger still, however: If you actually request an ad object of
type ExpandedTextAd, then these extra fields are *not populated *if your
selector just lists "Id". You'll need to explicitely include headlinePart1
in the selector to get an actual value for that attribute, even though it's
always included in the response. Same goes for headlinePart2 etc. I find
this a bit confusing.

Obviously, the service would ideally always return the required/relevant
set of attributes for the given ad type of the returned object.

Best regards,
Dorian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/2a7d54ff-0291-4b4d-b4f8-6afab61afb0e%40googlegroups.com.