Hi Kevin,

Yes, I did get the details that you had shared. If you are looking for a
product partition tree as attached in the screenshot, you could use the
code sample attached. The "empty" caseValue of the correct type is required
to represent "all other values". Please check here
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/shopping#partitioning>
for
more details. You can refer to this sample
<https://github.com/googleads/googleads-python-lib/blob/master/examples/adwords/v201809/shopping/add_shopping_campaign.py>
create a shopping campaign and the ad group. Please let me know if you have
any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/d3acf054-956d-46f2-8543-226b5512b444%40googlegroups.com.
#!/usr/bin/env python
#
# Copyright 2016 Google Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

"""This example creates a ProductPartition tree.

The LoadFromStorage method is pulling credentials and properties from a
"googleads.yaml" file. By default, it looks for this file in your home
directory. For more information, see the "Caching authentication information"
section of our README.

"""

# Import appropriate modules from the client library.
from googleads import adwords
import logging
import googleads

ADGROUP_ID = '***'

class ProductPartitionHelper(object):
  """A helper for creating ProductPartition trees."""
  logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format=googleads.util.LOGGER_FORMAT)
  logging.getLogger('googleads.soap').setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
  def __init__(self, adgroup_id):
    """Initializer.

    Args:
      adgroup_id: The ID of the AdGroup that we wish to attach the partition
                  tree to.
    """
    # The next temporary criterion ID to be used.
    # When creating our tree we need to specify the parent-child relationships
    # between nodes. However, until a criterion has been created on the server
    # we do not have a criterion ID with which to refer to it.
    # Instead we can specify temporary IDs that are specific to a single mutate
    # request. Once the criteria have been created they are assigned an ID as
    # normal and the temporary ID will no longer refer to it.
    # A valid temporary ID is any negative integer.
    self.next_id = -1
    # The set of mutate operations needed to create the current tree.
    self.operations = []
    self.adgroup_id = adgroup_id

  def CreateSubdivision(self, parent=None, value=None):
    """Creates a subdivision node.

    Args:
      parent: The node that should be this node's parent.
      value: The value being partitioned on.
    Returns:
      A new subdivision node.
    """
    division = {
        'xsi_type': 'ProductPartition',
        'partitionType': 'SUBDIVISION',
        'id': str(self.next_id)
    }

    # The root has neither a parent nor a value.
    if parent is not None:
      division['parentCriterionId'] = parent['id']
      division['caseValue'] = value

    adgroup_criterion = {
        'xsi_type': 'BiddableAdGroupCriterion',
        'adGroupId': self.adgroup_id,
        'criterion': division
    }

    self.CreateAddOperation(adgroup_criterion)
    self.next_id -= 1

    return division

  def CreateUnit(self, parent=None, value=None, bid_amount=None):
    """Creates a unit node.

    Args:
      parent: The node that should be this node's parent.
      value: The value being partitioned on.
      bid_amount: The amount to bid for matching products, in micros.
    Returns:
      A new unit node.
    """
    unit = {
        'xsi_type': 'ProductPartition',
        'partitionType': 'UNIT'
    }

    # The root node has neither a parent nor a value.
    if parent is not None:
      unit['parentCriterionId'] = parent['id']
      unit['caseValue'] = value

    if bid_amount is not None and bid_amount > 0:
      bidding_strategy_configuration = {
          'bids': [{
              'xsi_type': 'CpcBid',
              'bid': {
                  'xsi_type': 'Money',
                  'microAmount': str(bid_amount)
              }
          }]
      }

      adgroup_criterion = {
          'xsi_type': 'BiddableAdGroupCriterion',
          'biddingStrategyConfiguration': bidding_strategy_configuration
      }
    else:
      adgroup_criterion = {
          'xsi_type': 'NegativeAdGroupCriterion'
      }

    adgroup_criterion['adGroupId'] = self.adgroup_id
    adgroup_criterion['criterion'] = unit

    self.CreateAddOperation(adgroup_criterion)

    return unit

  def GetOperations(self):
    """Returns the set of mutate operations needed to create the current tree.

    Returns:
      The set of operations
    """
    return self.operations

  def CreateAddOperation(self, criterion):
    """Creates an AdGroupCriterionOperation for the given criterion.

    Args:
      criterion: The criterion we want to add.
    """
    operation = {
        'operator': 'ADD',
        'operand': criterion
    }

    self.operations.append(operation)

def main(client, adgroup_id):
  """Runs the example."""
  adgroup_criterion_service = client.GetService(
      'AdGroupCriterionService', version='v201806')

  helper = ProductPartitionHelper(adgroup_id)

  # The most trivial partition tree has only a unit node as the root, e.g.:
  # helper.CreateUnit(bid_amount=100000)

  root = helper.CreateSubdivision()

  new_product_canonical_condition = {
      'xsi_type': 'ProductCanonicalCondition',
      'condition': 'NEW'
  }

  other_product_canonical_condition = {
      'xsi_type': 'ProductCanonicalCondition',
  }

  helper.CreateUnit(root, new_product_canonical_condition, 200000)
  helper.CreateUnit(root, other_product_canonical_condition, 100000)

  # Make the mutate request
  result = adgroup_criterion_service.mutate(helper.GetOperations())

  children = {}

  root_node = None

  # For each criterion, make an array containing each of its children.
  # We always create the parent before the child, so we can rely on that here.
  for adgroup_criterion in result['value']:
    children[adgroup_criterion['criterion']['id']] = []

    if 'parentCriterionId' in adgroup_criterion['criterion']:
      children[adgroup_criterion['criterion']['parentCriterionId']].append(
          adgroup_criterion['criterion'])
    else:
      root_node = adgroup_criterion['criterion']

  # Show the tree
  DisplayTree(root_node, children)

def DisplayTree(node, children, level=0):
  """Recursively display a node and each of its children.

  Args:
    node: The node we're displaying the children of.
    children: Children of the parent node.
    level: How deep in the tree we are.
  """
  value = ''
  node_type = ''

  if 'caseValue' in node:
    case_value = node['caseValue']
    node_type = case_value['ProductDimension.Type']

    if node_type == 'ProductCanonicalCondition':
      value = (case_value['condition'] if 'condition' in case_value
               else 'OTHER')
    elif node_type == 'ProductBiddingCategory':
      value = '%s(%s)' % (case_value['type'], case_value['value']
                          if 'value' in case_value else 'OTHER')
    else:
      value = (case_value['value'] if 'value' in case_value else 'OTHER')

  print ('%sid: %s, node_type: %s, value: %s\n'
         % (' ' * level, node['id'], node_type, value))

  for child_node in children[node['id']]:
    DisplayTree(child_node, children, level + 1)

if __name__ == '__main__':
  # Initialize client object.
  adwords_client = adwords.AdWordsClient.LoadFromStorage()

  main(adwords_client, ADGROUP_ID)
  • ... Kevin Weitzner
    • ... 'Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... Kevin Weitzner