Hi there,

I'm trying to reset the `biddingStrategyConfiguration.bids` of a keyword
(ad group biddable criterion) by API.

I think after I do that the `cpcBidSource` of the keyword should be reset
from 'CRITERION' to 'ADGROUP'. (Please let me know if it's not true)

Since "BidSource" is a read only field I tried something else, like setting
its 'biddingStrategyConfiguration.biddingStrategyType' to 'NONE',
as in the reference
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/AdGroupCriterionService.BiddingStrategyConfiguration>

it says 'NONE' is a *special bidding strategy type used to reset the
bidding strategy at AdGroup and AdGroupCriterion*.
It did have some effects but not what I expected.

Before change: (I'm using Python and this dict is what I got from the API)

    'biddingStrategyConfiguration': {
        'biddingStrategyId': None,
        'biddingStrategyName': None,
        'biddingStrategyType': 'MANUAL_CPC',
        'biddingStrategySource': None,
        'biddingScheme': None,
        'bids': [
            {
                'Bids.Type': 'CpcBid',
                'bid': {
                    'ComparableValue.Type': 'Money',
                    'microAmount': 11000000
                },
                'cpcBidSource': 'CRITERION'
            }
        ],
        'targetRoasOverride': None
    },

After change:

    'biddingStrategyConfiguration': {
        'biddingStrategyId': None,
        'biddingStrategyName': None,
        'biddingStrategyType': 'MANUAL_CPC',
        'biddingStrategySource': 'CAMPAIGN',
        'biddingScheme': {
            'BiddingScheme.Type': 'ManualCpcBiddingScheme',
            'enhancedCpcEnabled': True
        },
        'bids': [
            {
                'Bids.Type': 'CpcBid',
                'bid': {
                    'ComparableValue.Type': 'Money',
                    'microAmount': 11000000
                },
                'cpcBidSource': 'CRITERION' # the cpcBidSource is still
'CRITERION'
            },
            {
                'Bids.Type': 'CpmBid',
                'bid': {
                    'ComparableValue.Type': 'Money',
                    'microAmount': 1000000
                },
                'cpmBidSource': 'ADGROUP'   # this bid value appears after
change
            }
        ],
        'targetRoasOverride': None
    },

I also tried passing an empty "biddingStrategyConfiguration.bids" list but
it doesn't help too.

Can you tell me what I'm supposed to do? Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a03c9d78-f144-495a-81e8-bfc7210d4fb9%40googlegroups.com.