Hi Erik,

So that your external development team can access all the accounts under
that new manager account (MCC), you will need to create a new set of OAuth2
credentials
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/authentication> using
an email address which has access to that new MCC.

You may also note that an approved developerToken (with basic access) only
allows users to make AdWords API calls against production accounts, but
does not necessarily give users permission to access or modify information
within their account(s).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Peter