If my account has over 5000 of an object type (say ad_group, feed mapping,
feed items, keywords),
If I write a loop intending to remove them all,
If the loop first does a get where status = ENABLED for the 5000 page size,
then the loop does a mutate with operation REMOVE against all the entities
retrieved by the get,

ON the next iteration of the loop, should the GET operation start_index be
0 or 5000?

That is, does Google know I'm paging through a result set and is careful to
keep the cursor and progress it (e.g., so as to not return duplicates since
the results are unordered and there's nothing sacred about result foo being
the ith result) or does it do a fresh query and thus the first 5000 which
now have status = REMOVED won't be in the result; so the start_index should
be 0?

Perhaps the right (always sound) way, would be to do an initial query to
get the total_num_entries and then iterate backwards from that number to 0
in chunks of 5000, but that unnecessarily increases my queries by 1 which
seems excessive if 99.9% of these accounts have less than 5000 entries.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a25f4099-ab69-4cb4-bcb9-35e209ddc0dc%40googlegroups.com.