Hello,

Our product pulls data from a variety of sources, including Adwords. One of
our users noted that for old data (2 months ago), the conversions metric
doesn't match what they currently see in the Adwords UI. Meaning, for
specific Ad IDs at a specific date, the Conversion value shown in the
Adwords UI is different (higher) than the data we pulled for them at that
time 2 months ago, but all other metrics and values are the same. The most
recent data we pull for them is the same as it shows in the UI so there
doesn't seem to be anything wrong with our extraction process so I conclude
that the Conversion data did in fact change over time. Under what cases can
this happen?

One theory I have is that due to the Attribute Model, conversions are split
among multiple ads. If one of those attributed ads were removed since we
pulled the data from the API, then the UI updates the Conversion to split
among the remaining ads. So for example, if the total conversion for a
certain day is 12, and there are 3 ads and the conversions are split
evenly, then each ad will have 4 Conversion. Then if one of the ads is
later removed, then the UI will show that for that day, each of the 2
remaining ads have 6 Conversion. Is that a correct understanding of how
Conversion can change over time? If not, are there any other ways that
Conversion data can change for specific Ad Ids on specific days?

Thanks,
Jordan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/5745527c-0b30-4302-9207-13c0c344b896%40googlegroups.com.