Right now we are sending conversion events to Google Analytics to track
conversions. Google Ads is linked to Analytics, which means our paid ads
get the imported conversions. This works but the setup is very involved and
the conversion events in Analytics use the date of conversion incorrectly
(As documented). We plan to use the offline conversion tracking feed in the
Ads API to tell Google Ads when gclids successfully convert when opening
our desktop app so the conversion dates can we more accurate. However our
concern is that if we only inform Ads then we will only get conversions for
the paid ads we put up. With Analytics we get to track conversions from any
incoming referral links as well. If we only use the Ads API will we lose
that?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/c5a2b440-a206-44f2-ae4f-fe4743dd24d9%40googlegroups.com.