Hello Google Ads API Group:

We were approved to utilize the Google Ads API in order to create reports,
and manage campaigns through the API.  We're looking at building, or at
least prototyping some of our internal solutions using Filemaker 18.  My
two questions related to that are:

1) I don't find much after searching google, youtube, this group, and the
Google Ads scripting group for "google ads api filemaker".  If you take
"ads" out of my search query, there plenty of solutions are out there for
getting Filemaker to talk to generic Google (Gmail, etc) accounts - to do
things like get contacts and appointments.  But for paid Google Ads
accounts, using the API it is slim pickings.  So would much appreciate info
from anyone knows whether this is "a thing", perhaps off in some obscure
Filemaker shop or app(s).

I do find generic API solutions, e.g. cdata, Supermetrics etc but - those
are more generic middleware services which connect to the API; the cost of
using them is proportional to the quantity of data through them - hundreds
per month and up.  Surely that isn't needed, just to get data out of the
API which isn't much more than what can be exported manually in csv format;
wouldn't make sense.

Anyway I'm not looking for paid monthly solutions that do the OAuth or data
warehousing.  Our solutions are fairly simple, at least inititally -
automated/API versions of what can be done manually either within Google
Ads, using simple scripts, or manual daily exports and Excel.  We want to
start by automating those manual tasks in Filemaker, to run once/day, for
the learning curve before we try anything more complex; and to save time on
reporting. We might need to purchase a module to do the Oauth
authentication, or something like that - looks like it can be tricky from
what i've read - but we don't want an expensive recurring paid service,
just to get started.

2) I have a CS Education but haven't coded for years, and don't know the
best way to approach learning about the API, short of the dreaded RTFM :)
-- (the Google Ads API spec, yes i will study that) what is the best way to
gain a better understanding of this?  If you can point me at any books,
YouTube videos, or online resources which might be particularly helpful,
i'd appreciate it.  I'm a marketer (digital advertising) technical oriented
business person; however i do am an EE/Masters in CS, and enjoy messing
around with scripting languages, etc - i'm technically oriented but not a
developer. Or, as a software professional might say, "a total hack" :)

Thanks in advance for info &/or suggestions --

Steve B.
Blastoff Labs, Reno NV
linkedin.com/in/sbell22
blastofflabs.com