Hello Guofu,

> we are using the API v2, could you confirm if ExpanedTextAd still throws
> PolicyViolationError?
No, the Google Ads API all versions don't throw PolicyViolationError just like
Nikishaben has mentioned.
Please follow this guide to see the details of how you could handle
PolicyFindingDetails.

> Starting with v201806, ExpandedTextAd will return a PolicyFindingError
> instead of a PolicyViolationError when there are policy issues
This PolicyFindingError type of error indicates that the ad will certainly fail
review again even if an exemption is requested

Could you please confirm again where you got the above information?
The URL you pasted seems to link back to this forum post.

In addition, please note that v201806 that you mentioned is the versioning of
the AdWords API, which is the older version of the Google Ads API. They share
some definitions but the underlying systems are not the same.
So, if you learn something from guides or blog posts of the AdWords API in the
past, they might not apply to the Google Ads API directly.

Best,
Thanet, Google Ads API Team
ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UXUlO7:ref