We found out today that while the ADW account showed that we were targeting
United States only, we were in fact targeting mostly India, and all over
the globe.

The only way I found out, was by watching the REAL TIME visitors...all from
INDIA and a couple from Egypt, ect. This explains why all of our users for
the past 6 months to a year have had names such as:
Arpit Soni, Shahnoor Ch, Sunil Badhala, sonia mehta, Pavan Khaire, ANOOP
YADAV, January 16, 2020: Rohan Singh...I should have caught this before.

I have been targeting "only" United States since I started using the Google
Ads API, and using the 2840 geo code and it shows on my account as United
States:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnz90cprywirbg1/Screenshot%202020-06-26%2013.39.14.png?dl=0

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Ffnz90cprywirbg1%2FScreenshot%25202020-06-26%252013.39.14.png%3Fdl%3D0>
However, all of our customer signups have been from India, and now that I
looked at our real-time tracking, I see it is because all of the ads are
only showing there in
India!:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2d62yiat5vo0u/Screenshot%202020-06-26%2013.33.22.png?dl=0

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Ftq2d62yiat5vo0u%2FScreenshot%25202020-06-26%252013.33.22.png%3Fdl%3D0>

Here is our GeoTargeting Code:
    function addTargetLocation($session, $adWordsServices, $campaignId) {
        $locations = [2840];

        $campaignCriterionService = $adWordsServices->get($session,
CampaignCriterionService::class);
        if (empty($locations)) {
            return;
        }
        //21144 : Hawaii, United States state nagative
        //2850 : U.S. Virgin Islands region

        $ExcludeLocations = [21144,2850];
        foreach ($ExcludeLocations as $id) {
            $location = new location();
            $location->setId($id);
            $campaignCriteria[] = new
NegativeCampaignCriterion($campaignId, null, $location);
        }

        // $negativeCriterion = new NegativeCampaignCriterion();
        // $negativeCriterion->setCampaignId($campaignId);
        // $negativeCriterion->setCriterion($negativeKeyword);

        foreach ($locations as $id) {
            $location = new location();
            $location->setId($id);
            $campaignCriteria[] = new CampaignCriterion($campaignId, null,
$location);
        }
        $english = new Language();
        $english->setId(1000);
        $campaignCriteria[] = new CampaignCriterion($campaignId, null,
$english);

        $operations = [];
        foreach ($campaignCriteria as $campaignCriterion) {
            $operation = new CampaignCriterionOperation();
            $operation->setOperator(Operator::ADD);
            $operation->setOperand($campaignCriterion);
            $operations[] = $operation;
        }
        try {
            $result = $campaignCriterionService->mutate($operations);
            foreach ($result->getValue() as $campaignCriterion) {
                printf(
                        "Campaign targeting criterion with ID %d and type
'%s' was added.\n", $campaignCriterion->getCriterion()->getId(),
$campaignCriterion->getCriterion()->getType()
                );
            }
        } catch (Exception $e) {
            printf("An error has occurred3: %s\n", $e->getMessage());
        }
    }

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Joseph