Hi Andrew,

The ad_group_criterion.cpc_bid_micros value will change the Max CPC of the
specific keyword (or other criterion). If you want to change the max CPC of the
entire ad group, you have to do this through the AdGroupService since that
service handles changes to the ad group itself.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "ad group level is an attribute of ad
group criterion". The AdGroupCriterionService only makes changes for the ad
group criteria and not for the ad group as a whole.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please share a screenshot of the UI
showing metric you are trying to change via Reply privately to author so I can
further investigate the issue.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team