I believe the issue arises from using a GCLID that does not belong to the
customer id provided.

The API seems to resolve internally TO WHICH MCC that glcid belongs to and
then matches the conversionActionId against that customer id.

That conversionAction we use is actually NOT DEFINED in the MCC that the
glcid belongs to - hence the error is "correct" yet entirely misleading.

Adding the conversionAction to the MCC that the glcid and taking THAT
conversionActionId will actually work.

I've described the whole problem + solution in more detail
at https://github.com/googleads/google-ads-php/issues/496#issuecomment-743047543

---

It would be highly appreciated if this behavior would be document somewhere.

Cheers
Pascal