Hello,

I have a question about the campaign_audience_view
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v8/campaign_audience_view>
and ad_group_audience_view
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v8/ad_group_audience_view>
resources in the Google Ads API (v8).

It looks like audience targeting can be configured by either campaign or ad
group.  Further, it looks like campaign_audience_view reports metrics for
campaigns configured with audience targeting, and ad_group_audience_view
reports metrics for ad groups configured with audience targeting.  First of
all, is that correct?

I would like to retrieve metrics from the campaign_audience_view resource,
but grouped by ad_group, something like the GAQL query below, but that does
not seem possible.

    SELECT campaign_audience_view.resource_name, campaign.id, ad_group.id,
campaign_criterion.criterion_id, metrics.impressions, metrics.clicks
    FROM campaign_audience_view
    WHERE segments.date = (some date)

However, via the Google Ads UI's reporting tool, I can create a custom
table report with metrics grouped by audience and ad group (i.e., with
"Audience Segment" and "Ad Group" as rows, and metrics like "Clicks" or
"Impressions" as columns).

Is it possible to retrieve metrics grouped by audience and ad group from
the campaign_audience_view?

Thanks in advance,
- Josh