Hi Nenad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I had to delete your initial post as it
contained your sensitive email address in the attached screenshot. I am
reposting below without the sensitive information for reference:

“Forgive my lack of knowledge on this - but when user is presented with an
Oauth consent screen to approve access to adwords api, is there a way of
controlling the scopes selection?

Desirable would be to have access to Google adwords pre-selected, and then
user, if they wish so, deselect it?

Is there any level of control over it, either programatically or by setup i
Google Cloud console?

This is from google oauth playground: “

Kindly see answers to your questions below:

Is there a way of controlling the scopes selection?

Kindly note that if your public app uses scopes that permit access to certain
user data, it must complete a verification process. We suggest that you reach
out to the Google API console support team via this link, for further
information if you are able to control the scope selection as they are more
equipped to provide more guidance on it.

Desirable would be to have access to Google adwords pre-selected, and then
user, if they wish so, deselect it?

As suggested above, you may contact Google API console support since they can
provide more insight on said concern

Is there any level of control over it, either programatically or by setup i
Google Cloud console?

The OAuth2 client ID and client secret map your client app to a project in the
Google API Console and are used for OAuth2 authentication—allowing your app to
operate on behalf of your account. They identify your app to Google and allow
you to generate OAuth tokens for managing Google Ads users. Please find the
details on how to create a client ID and client secret here.

Kindly note that before your app can access private data using the API, it must
obtain an OAuth2 access token that grants access to the API.

If you're using the client libraries, the OAuth2 access token is automatically
taken care of for you. Otherwise, check out the API call example in the OAuth2
guide for details on how to generate an access token.

OAuth2 access tokens expire after a limited time. For this reason, the client
libraries use the OAuth2 refresh token to automatically regenerate the OAuth2
access token. OAuth2 access and refresh tokens have instructions for creating
the refresh token.

With regards to your clarification “Also to clarify, I've seen that some apps
won't have this prompt - they access is assumed and user can't even untick
it.”, I would suggest you to reach out to Google API console regarding this
since they’re appropriate for this inquiry.

Regards,

Yasar
Google Ads API Team
ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OTYbq:ref