Not able to set bid at ad group level below is the request and response

import requests
import json

url =
"https://googleads.googleapis.com/v8/customers/8370730364/adGroups:mutate";

payload = json.dumps({
"operations": [
{
"updateMask": "targetCpaMicros",
"update": {
"resourceName": "customers/8370730364/adGroups/127398071476",
"targetCpaMicros": 4000000
}
}
]
})
headers = {
'Content-Type': 'application/json',
'Authorization': xxxxx
'developer-token': xxxx
'login-customer-id': xxxx
}

response = requests.request("POST", url, headers=headers, data=payload)

print(response.text)

Respose:

{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",
"status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT",
"details": [
{
"@type": "
type.googleapis.com/google.ads.googleads.v8.errors.GoogleAdsFailure",
"errors": [
{
"errorCode": {
"operationAccessDeniedError": "MUTATE_ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CLIENT"
},
"message": "A mutate action is not allowed on this resource, from this
client.",
"trigger": {
"stringValue": "VIDEO"
},
"location": {
"fieldPathElements": [
{
"fieldName": "operations",
"index": 0
}
]
}
}
],
"requestId": "MTBm8LvEhVBfHBcRZWoMdA"
}
]
}
}

On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 8:53:11 PM UTC+5:30 adsapi wrote:

> Hi Ismail,
>
> Thanks for posting your concern to us.
>
> It appears that you’ve received the error "MUTATE_NOT_ALLOWED" while
> mutating your video campaigns. Kindly note that the video campaigns and
> their ads are not mutable via the API as described here
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/campaigns/overview#differences_from_the_google_ads_ui>.
>
> You will need to find an alternative to placing these ads such as manually
> placing them through the UI.
>
> Kindly note that there is an existing feature request for mutating video
> campaigns in Google Ads API. Kindly note that we won't be able provide a
> timeline or any guarantees that the feature will be implemented in the
> Google Ads API.  With this, I would suggest keeping an eye on this *blog*
> <https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/> as we will post any relevant
> updates when they become supported.
>
> Let us know if you have any further questions.
>
> Regards,
> [image: Google Logo]
> Yasar
> Google Ads API Team
>

> ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OTkP6:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/be15f44a-10d8-4618-94f0-68e433c23bf0n%40googlegroups.com.
  • no... ISMAIL TAIBANI
    • ... Google Ads API Forum Advisor
      • ... ISMAIL TAIBANI
      • ... ISMAIL TAIBANI
        • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum