I got the same error, last month it's can be changed but for this month it
failed.
What's the change on Google side?

On Monday, 4 October 2021 at 12:36:02 UTC+7 adsapi wrote:

> [...]
> with MANUAL_CPC). The last time the case has passed was 2 days ago.
> Wonder if any changes in the API in these 2 days and what actions I should
> take to make it work.
>
> Request and response details and the code
>
> Request
>
> *Request: customer_id: "PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED THIS INFORMATION"*
> *operations {*
> *  update {*
> *    resource_name: "customers/PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED THIS
> INFORMATION/campaigns/14825758506"*
> *    bidding_strategy_type: TARGET_CPA*
> *    target_cpa {*
> *      target_cpa_micros: 10000000*
> *      cpc_bid_ceiling_micros: 100000000*
> *      cpc_bid_floor_micros: 10000000*
> *    }*
> *  }*
> *  update_mask {*
> *    paths: "resource_name"*
> *    paths: "bidding_strategy_type"*
> *    paths: "target_cpa.target_cpa_micros"*
> *    paths: "target_cpa.cpc_bid_ceiling_micros"*
> *    paths: "target_cpa.cpc_bid_floor_micros"*
> *  }*
> *}*
>
> Response
> *-------*
> *Fault: errors {*
> *  error_code {*
> *    bidding_error: INVALID_ANONYMOUS_BIDDING_STRATEGY_TYPE*
> *  }*
> *  message: "Bidding strategy is not supported or cannot be used as
> anonymous."*
> *  trigger {*
> *    string_value: "TARGET_CPA"*
> *  }*
> *  location {*
> *    field_path_elements {*
> *      field_name: "operations"*
> *      index: 0*
> *    }*
> *    field_path_elements {*
> *      field_name: "update"*
> *    }*
> *    field_path_elements {*
> *      field_name: "target_cpa"*
> *    }*
> *  }*
> *}*
> *request_id: "REDACTED"*
>
> *( Note since it is in our test case, the request was sent to the sandbox
> environment )*
>
> Moving forward, using the TARGET_CPA would require that your account meet
> the eligibility requirements as mentioned in this guide
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/campaigns/bidding/strategy-types?hl=en>
>
> and in this article here
> <https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6268632>. Also, could you
> confirm what strategy type was initially set for the 14825758506 campaign,
> before you opted to perform a request to update it to TARGET_CPA?
>
> For our team to take a closer look, could you share the customer ID and
> complete logs with all the details to our team *privately*? I asked
> because I am unable to locate the said 14825758506 campaign and the account

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ff61222a-1b85-49a7-a15b-81aa41f58eb5n%40googlegroups.com.
  • Go... Zhe Lin
    • ... Thanajiranaj Pattanasakpinyo
      • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... Julien Stoeffler