Hi Aryeh,

I also need some assistance getting set up for Google Ads API.  I'm
completely confused as to what the difference is between a "Test Account"
and a "real test account" in your reply to Wayne.

I need the API only to upload offline click conversions, and it's not clear
to me how I can test this on a test account with no clicks.

Please can you help me get set up?

Thanks,
Martin

On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 10:15:21 PM UTC+3 adsapi wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Thank you for sending us your Id's privately. I checked and you have a
> developer token that can only access a test account that has the red square
> on the top right showing when looking at it in the UI. Your "test accounts"
> may be accounts you test on but they are still considered production
> accounts and not test accounts for the purpose of API usage.
>
> Test accounts
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/first-call/overview#test_account>
>
> don't require an approved developer token, so you can start experimenting
> with the API immediately, even before your application is reviewed or
> approved. The developer token you have can go through an application for
> basic access <https://services.google.com/fb/forms/newtoken/> to become a
> token that can be used with production accounts.
>
> To play with real test accounts before your developer token is approved,
> you can create another new gmail account, and from that new gmail account
> follow the instructions in Test accounts
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/first-call/overview#test_account>
> .
>

> Regards,
>
> [image: Google Logo]
> Aryeh Baker
> Google Ads API Team
>

> ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PHGmC:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/d5fd3806-230f-43da-aba1-8067b5ec51cfn%40googlegroups.com.
  • RE... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... Wayne
      • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... Martin Levi