Hi team,

Since this device preference is not available in new Asset based extension
and I saw Perter added a feature request in previous reply. Can you please
let us know the latest status of that ask?

Google is planning to do auto migration from 10/20/2021, this seems an
blocking issue if we can't get the same data fields from Asset based
adextension.

Could you please share more guidance here before the auto migration happens?

Thanks
Caihua.

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 12:03:23 PM UTC-7 Kevin wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I've actually found some relevant documentation and would like to share it
> in case anyone else has the same question:
>
> "For targeting, the ad group, campaign, keyword, location, and mobile
> fields will be unavailable to Asset-based extensions. Existing ad group,
> campaign, and mobile targeting will be honored during the automatic
> migration."
>
> https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/extensions/assets/migrating-extensions#changes_in_asset-based_extensions
>
> Focusing on the second sentence from the excerpt, since mobile targeting
> will be honored during the migration I think it would make a lot of sense
> to make the field available for a while.
> I'll keep a look out for updates and announcements as you've recommended.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 7:06:39 PM UTC-7 adsapi wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> Thank you for your question.
>>
>> Device preferences is currently not available for asset based extensions.
>> That said, allow me to create a feature request, subject for review,
>> regarding this setting. For now, you may keep an eye on our blog
>> <https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api> for
>> updates and announcements.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> [image: Google Logo]
>> Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
>> Google Ads API Team
>>

>> ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JYCGd:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/1964a140-880b-4698-a527-f425d00424f9n%40googlegroups.com.
  • As... Erkin Işçi
    • ... Google Ads API Forum Advisor
      • ... Kevin
        • ... Google Ads API Forum Advisor
          • ... Kevin
            • ... duca...@gmail.com
              • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum