Hi,

We've been upgrading to the Google Ads API as well and have run into the
same issue. In the AdWords API, running the SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT
and asking for fields like Todd mentioned would return data for shopping
campaigns, with the KeywordTextMatchingQuery field returning info about the
product partition - for example, if it was a product partition that was
advertising a single product (by its id), we'd get something like
"id==myproductid" for the value in this column.  However, when running it
as a Google Ads query on the search_term_view and asking for
segments.keyword.info.text like Todd demonstrated (which appears to be the
only thing roughly equivalent, as you cannot pull fields from
ad_group_criterion or anything like that), we instead get 0 rows back for
shopping campaigns. If we leave out the segments.keyword.info.text segment,
then we get search data back for shopping campaigns, but without that
field, it's not possible to match up the search query with specific
products or product partitions/groups, which is important for us (and which
we've been doing in the AdWords API for many years without issue).

It's possible to get this information in the Google Ads UI if you go into
the Reports section where you can build your own report. I can add the ad
group, search term, keyword/placement, device, cost, clicks, etc. to the
report, and I get back the same kind of data we get with the
SEARCH_QUERY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT in the AdWords API, with the
keyword/placement field showing something like "id==myproductid", so this
data is still available in your system.  Interestingly, though, if I add
Keyword ID as an attribute to show in the report in the UI, it will come
back with no data, like the search_term_view report does.

Is there some way to get per product or per product partition search query
data in the new API? If so, could you please tell me how, and if not, could
you *please* add this asap, as that's pretty important functionality to
have disappear during this forced upgrade?

Thanks,
Greg