Hi all,

I'm a colleague of Nadine's on the Google Ads API Team and I have some updates
on the points she highlighted earlier.

1. The issues with product groups that Geoff mentioned. I have a teammate who's
taken point on sorting that one out.
2. A few timeouts on our back-end that we're working through.
3. If an operation fails, the batch jobs retry it; that's what a batch job
should do. However, there are some types of errors we should not retry as the
result could be the job running for a very long time. We're working on solving
that one as well.

We've rolled out various fixes for these on the afternoons of May 24 and 25,
and have confirmed the batch job pipeline is looking much better, and we're
investigating to see where we can make further improvements.

One significant point everyone should be aware of is that you will still see
long running jobs if you are using any of the following operation types:

AssetGroupListingGroupFilterOperation
AssetGroupOperation
CampaignConversionGoalOperation
ConversionGoalCampaignConfigOperation
CustomConversionGoalOperation
CustomerConversionGoalOperation
CustomerOperation

These operations do not support partial failure , and as such, are not
supported in batch jobs and currently will lead to long running jobs. Please
avoid including any of the above operation types in your jobs, and instead use
GoogleAdsService.mutate with partial_failure set to false to execute those
operations. I'm updating our documentation to reflect this limitation, and we
are investigating validation checks to prevent adding these operations to a job.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing long running jobs that you started on
or after May 25, please continue to share those with us by clicking Reply
privately to author on this thread.

Many thanks,
Josh Radcliff, Google Ads API Team
ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQjmG:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/DmsEI000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000RCIICP00glgaBePORRyMdqUms8GFTg%40sfdc.net.
  • Re... Skander Mansouri
  • Re... Silvia Oggiano
  • Re... Prototype.co
  • Re... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
  • Re... Prototype.co
  • Re... Skander Mansouri
  • Re... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
  • Re... bigapp...@gmail.com
  • Re... Silvia Oggiano
  • Re... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
  • Re... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
  • Re... 'Poojitha Gandra' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum