Hello Google Ads team,
We have very similar tool as described in this
thread: https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/jdSLSDnIF7c

We are also getting RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED (Too many requests) issue when
calling KeywordPlanService.GenerateHistoricalMetrics. In our case we use
library https://github.com/Opteo/google-ads-api

Our plan is to use this service to fetch up to 10000 keywords with its
historical metrics up to 4 years time range max.

The first time when we tried to fetch 10000 keywords, we got a
RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED error. We weren't aware of max message size (64 MB) that
could cause the issue.
Later we have called a service with 1 keyword and with 500 keywords (up to
3 years) and it has worked. But then when we tried to fetch with 1000
keywords, we got RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED.

Before we weren't aware about Planning services
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/best-practices/quotas#planning_services>,

but later we've implemented a delay of 2 seconds between calls of following
flow:
- create a keyword plan
- add a keyword plan campaign to keyword plan
- add keyword plan Ad groups to keyword plan campaign
- add keyword plan Ad group keywords to keyword plan Ad groups
- call KeywordPlanService.GenerateHistoricalMetrics

Even with a 2s delay, after another call with 500 keywords, we got "Too
many requests":

GoogleAdsError {
    error_code: ErrorCode { quota_error: 2 },
    message: 'Too many requests. Retry in 74948 seconds.',
    details: ErrorDetails { quota_error_details: [QuotaErrorDetails] }
  }

error detail:
{ "quota_error_details": { "rate_scope": "DEVELOPER", "rate_name": "Number
of operations for basic access", "retry_delay": { "seconds": "74948" } } }

Then we call a service with 1 keyword and we got 200 response.

I've checked *API/Service details* page of our Google Cloud Platform
account and we shouldn't exceeded a daily quota. Those are actual stats:

google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanAdGroupKeywordService.MutateKeywordPlanAdGroupKeywords:

24 requests

google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanAdGroupService.MutateKeywordPlanAdGroups:

24 requests

google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanCampaignService.MutateKeywordPlanCampaigns:

24 requests

google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanService.GenerateHistoricalMetrics:
14 requests

google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanService.MutateKeywordPlans: 24
requests

I see that only this method contains Errors (41,67%):
google.ads.googleads.v10.services.KeywordPlanAdGroupKeywordService.MutateKeywordPlanAdGroupKeywords

I don't know what we're missing here and in which point we are "hitting" a
quota limit.

I would appreciate any help to know what is a cause here.

Thank you.