Hi,

So for a few days, I've been trying to get a service account set up so that
we can administer our ads in a windows service without user intervention.
It turns out that this is impossible.

If we try and use the service account without impersonation we get this
exception:

[ { "errorCode": { "authenticationError": "NOT_ADS_USER" }, "message":
"User in the cookie is not a valid Ads user." } ]

I tried adding the generated email address of the service account as a
normal user inside the "Access and security" section of google ads but that
"invites" the user and they just sit in "Pending invitations" and obviously
there is no real email behind that service account to accept the
invitation. It is also impossible as an admin to promote that invitation to
an active account and we end up getting the same error above.

If I try and impersonate the google account that set up the Google
Adwords/Ads account I then get this error:

Error:"unauthorized_client", Description:"Client is unauthorized to
retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any
of the scopes requested."

To fix you need to enable the delegation to the domain but this is
impossible as the domain needs to be sitting under a google workspace which
we don't have and why should we have to when already pay significant fees
for the ads themselves?

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks

Richard