Hey together,

I have a bug with the KeywordPlanKeywordHistoricalMetrics.
The "Main Keyword" which should be expected in the Search Query is in the
Close Variants variable and not in the search_query variable. I Test this
with different Languages and sometimes the API takes the "close variant"
Keyword in the "search_query". And sometimes its clustering the Keywords
wrong. Here are some examples that the APIs returns me.

*search_query*    |                *Close Variants*
l*ights for the garden*    |   ['garden lights', 'garden lighting']
*lights on the wall *   |   ['wall lights', 'wall lighting']
*table lamps*    |   ['table lamp', 'lamp tables', 'table lampshades', 'tab
lamp']

The Main keyword (search_query) should be the one with the most impressions
am i right? So for example "wall lights" has more impressions then "*lights
on the wall". *
So Normally the "wall lights" should be the search query and the "lights on
the wall" keyword should be a close variant.
API:
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v11/KeywordPlanKeywordHistoricalMetrics

The same applies on the Google Ads UI.
example:
[image: w1.PNG]

[image: w2.PNG]

It shows me always the first Keyword as the "Main Keyword" and I think the
API works with the same Algorithm. But this should Keywords should be
compared by Impressions and the one with the most should be the Main one.
Is that right or did i dont get it?

Best Regards,
Mehmet