Time to get creative

On 09/03/2018 06:37 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/41%C2%B052'02.2%22N+88%C2%B044'01.9%22W/@41.867275,-88.7344092,219m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d41.8672746!4d-88.7338625

I don't really have a ton of area to put solar panels, given that my house largely runs N - S. I'm not sure it's fiscally worth putting them on the E or W facing slopes. I only have a little bit of S facing slope. Some on the main house and some on the garage.

Obviously the farms have a lot of S-facing slopes, but that doesn't do me a whole lot of good.  :-)

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *ch...@wbmfg.com
*To: *"AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
*Sent: *Monday, September 3, 2018 2:03:03 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] OT: Thermal Effect of Solar Panels

Only because the shaded area might cover more surface area.
Solar panels are supposed to be mounted so that there will be convection air currents flowing behind them to help them keep their temps down.
Lower temps == higher voltage and higher power output.
But solar insolation is directly proportional to irradiated area.
Shade is pretty much shade irrespective of coming from a tree or a panel.