On 9/14/18 10:27 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
Oh I dunno, I'd bet whoever insures a gas company has the common sense to think about gas explosions.

I would expect the insurer to increase their rate after a claim like this though. And surely the gas company won't just eat the rate increase, it'll get passed along to the people whose houses they exploded.

I'm sure lawsuits are coming from the people who had their houses destroyed, or their insurers as claims are processed. It'll be interesting what the investigation turns up. Natural gas is usually seen as reliable to the point where people trust generators on a gas pipe over diesel. This has the disaster recovery voice inside of me wondering if I saved all those propane conversion bits for the gas appliances in my house and what I'd need to to hook up a propane tank in place of the gas meter.

~Seth