From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:41 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Packetflux noob

I have not seen a PMP450b in 3.65 yet?
Keep in mind the power issue is only related to the PMP450M 3.65 not the 5Ghz
one.

On 10/03/2018 12:25 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Well, so much for just swapping out a 450i AP for a 450m AP using the same
cabling.  Cambium always seems to enjoy making our lives difficult.  So we have
to keep changing our wiring and powering schemes as we go from 100 series to
430, 450, 450i, and 450m.  Yikes.

I wonder if the 3.65 version uses more power because of higher regulatory xmt
power, either as a Part 90 device or in the future as a Part 96 device?

I’ve never quite figured out why a 3.65 SM is heavy and has cooling fins on the
back, yet a 450b mid gain SM I think has higher xmt power and fits in the
antenna feedtube.