I do MDUs, hotels, and large residential (5000+ feet) with Unifi.

For MDUs, I set a native/default VLAN on all switch ports with no DHCP/IP
and no routing.  I then selectively enable ports for devices and tenants.
All hardware is on a "device only" management VLAN for the Unifi equipment
to talk with itself and firewall rules to only allow inter-device
communication and with the Unifi controller.  Each tenant gets their own
VLAN (no inter-VLAN routing).  WiFi is an open guest network in the common
areas with managed DNS/click-through authentication.  Port isolation is
enabled on the aggregation switches to each cascaded switch, and to each AP
to limit broadcast domains.

The hotel setup is similar, with VoIP phones in the mix on dedicated
"Guest + Tagged VoIP VLANs" for all Ethernet ports and dedicated staff
WiFi/VLAN networks.  802.1x is coming to these networks soon to provide
device authentication for the managed/corporate devices.

Firmware updates are tested in the lab, then in a trial network, then
scheduled for deployment during a maintenance window.  APs are scheduled
for upgrade first, and then switches get upgraded 30 minutes later.  MDUs
happen overnight.  Hotels happen during the day, at off-peak hours (like
11AM Wednesday) , while staffed, in case there's a guest emergency.

tim