On 11/7/18 4:40 AM, can...@believewireless.net wrote:
I ran regular cable between my receiver and amplified subwoofer. Approximately a 70ft run through the house. Avoided running in parallel with the power lines but it is about 6" away
from an electrical outlet.

No cable plugged into sub, no hum.
Cable plugged into sub but not into receiver, loud hum.

Plugged in a ground loop isolator device and hum dramatically reduced. However, so was the signal to the sub. To the point it might be blocking it completely. This was a very cheap
($9) device from Amazon.

Swapped with shielded Cat5e cable from Shireen. Same results.

Any idea how to fix this? Get better shielded cable? Better isolator?

I've always used coax on subwoofers without any problems or having to add extra stuff. You might also try running an extension cord to it plugged into the same outlet as the receiver to see if that changes anything.