Ken, I will answer some of these.  I have been using Calix now since 201, 844E
since maybe 2016 and here is what I know about your answers.  (Could be wrong)

CC+ is basically dead, you would not start with that anymore.  I have it now
and I am moving to Support Cloud.  From what I understand is that CC+ was
mostly a third party software that Calix could only do so much with.  They
wanted to add features and change things but they were not able to fully
customize the software.  This is why they created Support Cloud (I was told
this is completely their own I think)

So DME Support Cloud is basically what CC+ is or was, it can do auto
setup/firmware/change ssid/see connected devices/do manual channel scans.
Think of it as everything you would need for your front staff to easily config
and change stuff.

The biggest difference that I see in EME is what I have always wanted in CC+.
They integrated their NETFLOW analyzer into EME so you can see real time what a
customers is doing through the 844E router.  I believe they also record it for
a few months so when Billy calls in the next day, your front staff can say his
internet was slow last night because it looks like the XBOX chewed through
100GB of data at 9PM.  The other main feature is I think you can set it to do
once a day wifi scans and auto change the channels to mitigate interference.

I hope that helps,  I am up to 500 844E routers now with 2 failures, one was
fried, other 2.4Ghz quit.  Best router I have ever used.