On 11/26/2018 10:55 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
It's been a few years since I last went on this journey.

(1) Will I get better prices on Dell from a VAR than I see on the Dell website?

(2) I've heard Supermicro touted as a value brand, but when I spec similar Supermicro and Dell systems Dell comes out cheaper.  Am I missing something?

(3) Do you prefer a whole lot of cheap systems, or a small number of really nice ones?  I have reasons to like the latter, but I'm ready to be swayed.

If you're wondering, the Intel Atom C3850 is what has me reconsidering on item 3. You can get 12 cores in a sub $1,000 box.