1Kw resistive load = non flammable heater

On 11/27/2018 12:25 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 11/27/18 12:12, Chuck McCown wrote:
I have never understood how a rotating rotor/stator combo will not produce a clean sinewave. I have seen it myself with APCs not happy with back up generator power. I wonder if perhaps it is more of a frequency problem.

The rotating thing is always going to make a sine wave. But throttle response and voltage regulators vary.

I have an old Cat 40kW diesel generator that if it's unloaded the voltage regulator is noisy. I don't use it anymore but the simple solution was to keep a 1kW resistive base load connected all times.