Your experiences with XM are interesting.  While I don't have it in
any of my company vehicles, I have it in both of my personal vehicles,
and I love it.  I don't experience any of the drop offs or compression
sounding.  Not sure why.  But for $9.95/mo for basic, we really like
it - especially for traveling.

Dave Hannum