Tower from the ground, eave bracket is probably the best way.

If you cannot put a sled on the apex, then I think you are going to have to drill a hole in the roof, put some kind of plate across a couple of trusses to take the vertical load and then bolt to the trusses for side load.

If it can be mounted such that it is essentially touching the roof, I am sure you can do some kind of heavy duty tripod that is mounted to the roofing itself. Similar to my magnetic mount that I never released.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 4:35 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Large dishes on sloped roofs

Looking for feedback on installing large dishes (2'-3' licensed) on a
sloped asphalt shingle roof.  I know that you can get some 2" J-legs
with outriggers, but they might not be tall enough to mount the dish.
Is it better to have the roofer come out and put in a pipe with a boot
somehow attached to the trusses inside the roof. These will have to be
somewhat hidden on the backside of the roof, so a ridgemount sled isn't
an option.  Anyone done one before? Pictures would be a bonus.

Nate