Latency...Viasat won a bunch of money in an area I serve.
How does that work?

On 2/15/2019 3:26 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

There seems to be a disconnect, if supposedly the feds are going to be very strict about making sure speed and latency requirements are met on networks funded with CAF II money.

If I were very naïve and believed stuff like that, then I would believe “no customer left behind” and the CAF II funded upgrades would bring existing customers up to the same 25M or 100M speeds.

Of course if they are using LTE, my gut tells me most LTE koolaid drinkers are just like the WiMAX koolaid drinkers before them, math and physics can be violated and all sorts of magical speeds and oversubscription ratios can be achieve through waving of the LTE magic wand.  Or just call it 4.5G or 5GE and magical things will happen.  It’s like the Monty Python skit where the police use magic wands to catch criminals and make illegally parked cars disappear.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Tim Reichhart
*Sent:* Friday, February 15, 2019 2:40 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Watchcomm expansion in Illinois

Dont worry Ken watchtv is bad here I hear alot of of there customers switch over to me saying its slow etc.. such and I tell my new customers yes I know I used to work for them as tech support and they route all there after hours and weekend tech support to CNI in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

I wouldnt worry to much about them at all.

They also going to data caps also on there SO called LTE network which they use alvarion radios.