First verify it is in fact a –48 power supply vs just a 48 VDC power supply.
Turn it on and measure from each output pin to the chassis and see if there is
48 volts from chassis to the negative terminal, or to the positive terminal or
just some random mV from either side to the chassis.

From: Jeremy
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:02 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: [AFMUG] Cambium 820C -48v power supply questions

I am confused.  I have a 6A rackmount Trango Power supply
http://www.silverbranch.com/Useppa/DS-9030-C-Giga-PowerSupply-1U-48.pdf that I
would like to use to power an 820C.  I hooked it up -48v and it would not power
on.  I hooked it up +48v and it worked perfectly.  This is on the bench and not
installed.  I am hearing from others on here that the power supply will short
as soon as I ground the radio if I actually run it at +48v.  So I have a few
questions....why won't this power up at -48v?  I really don't want to use POE.
What are people using to power these?  Any reason that this Trango Power supply
should be not working?