Well, the original 1Gbps radios seem to be a bit flakey, but the new "One"
version is supposed to fix that... but I don't have any personal experience
with those, so I can't say how they compare to the 2.5G, but I suspect the
hardware is closer to the 2.5G model than the original 1G model.

But the only real reason not to just go with the 2.5G is the cost
difference.