I started with some Dell 24 port SFP stacks and DC power supplies.

They are stacked, managed as one entity with 24 ports each 1U and 2 ports SFP+
in the back for uplink and more bandwidth if necessary.
They use a 1U DC power unit for up to 4 switches and also power via AC plug for
redundancy.
They have the stacking modules in the back to connect the switches fully
together in a ring format so the stack stays alive and talking to each other at
10Gbps if any one switch dies.
I use the SFP+ in the back on two of the switches for redundant uplink.

I’ve got a lot just sitting around if you want to email me I could get them to
you for pretty cheap plus shipping.

Cisco has some 48 port SFP+ switches with 40Gbps stack/uplink available on eBay
for around $400 each I think if you want to stick with Cisco.
Not sure on power consumption, but generally uses more watts for SFP+ switch
which might be a problem or overkill to get you started.

I use FiberStore 48 port SFP switches with 4 SFP+ ports for uplink/link as my
upgraded solution to the Dells.
They don’t stack though, so that’s kind of a PITA for management.

I also use Dell/Force10 SFP+ 48 port switches when I need that much
connectivity, but those are old and take a lot of power and still cost like $1k
each.

Had I started now I probably would have just purchased the Cisco switches
available instead of F10, but I don’t think they were available back when I
started purchasing those.