Broadcast traffic is like cholesterol. Kind of clogs up the arteries.

On 6/15/2019 3:28 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I would think if I can see that broadcast traffic, I could also jam it.

Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] wireshark

They need some Client and/or Port Isolation.   That’s a lot of broadcast that you shouldnt be seeing.

On Jun 15, 2019, at 3:38 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

At one of my offices, I have service from a company I used to be involved with.  It has been really spotty lately, ONT is up and down all the time.  Port and transport were even off today.  They changed the ONT and the Cyberpower on Friday but it still did the mid day fail.  I brought my laptop to the office so I could plug directly into the ONT to make sure we don’t have internal problems.  Nope, the service is failing.

Later it came up.  I started wireshark and plugged in the laptop.  I have attached the capture assuming the mailserv will allow it to come through.

Tons of crap here.  I think I am seeing all the arp and management type of traffic on my network segment or perhaps the pon or perhaps more than that.  Certainly a bunch if IPTV stuff.   I don’t recall what it is called when you tell an AP to prevent SMs from talking to each other.  But it appears that the similar service is not turned on here.

If anyone could take a look and tell me what they think I would appreciate it.  I am certainly no expert on this stuff.  I learn a bit when I have a problem and then forget it by the time I have to do a capture again.
<Wireshare file.pcapng>--