From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:42:42 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] uptime monitoring

I am at the mercy of another service provider at a couple of sites. Lately they
have been having big problems on their fiber system.

What is the best cheap and dirty program to just continually ping something and
make a graph? I attempted to do a trial of whatsup gold but it had a freaking
huge SQL install that came along with it and I know they are going to want some
money.

I could write something simple to log up and down times but I am sure someone
has already done it. Really simple, ping something like Google DNS every 30
seconds. If it is down, record the time. When it comes back record the time.