From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of fiber...@mail.com
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 2:49 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ODTR

FYI, the weekly rentals are just about what you'd pay for an el cheapo Chinese
OTDR. Mine works fine for short distances (< ~10 miles). On longer spans the
sensitivity/noise/dead zones are suboptimal, but it still works. FS has some,
but haven't tried their models.

In other words, it all depends on what your requirements are. If you are just
testing short spans, know what you are doing and can live with the limitations,
go Chinese. If you need to characterize, certify or need something like iOLM
and/or need it only intermittently, rent.

Jared