Yeah, they totally threw away all the other kids plot line.  Odd Russian plot
with a hoover dam sized installation that was built secretly.

From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 9:31 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Small climate controlled enclosure

Try Stranger Things on Netflix if you haven't already.  Super well done show.

On 8/9/2019 11:23 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

  Strange, my recent experience does not agree with yours or Nate’s.  I find
that if I increase customer speed plans, usage goes up, and nobody notices.
And new customers that sign up for a 10M plan peg at 10M during Netflix hour,
customers that sign up for 15M or 25M same thing.  I was expecting there would
be a quantum jump from 6M for best quality HD to ~20M for UHD, but they seem to
be able to run at 10M or 15M if that’s what the customer has.  Judging from the
traffic graphs, I don’t think it’s necessarily multiple streams adding up to
use that much, although that happens also.

  My belief is there’s a lag as people buy new streaming devices.  A lot of
older streaming sticks and Rokus and stuff were not 4K capable, while anything
new you buy probably is.  People also tend to be cheap about streaming devices
– Firesticks are popular.  But because they’re so cheap, people get new ones,
and a lot of new hardware is 4K capable.  Soon 4K will be mainstream.  Not sure
that will be true of 8K, it could flop like 3D TV.

  I was being a bit facetious about cartoons and My Little Pony, probably those
aren’t available in UHD or maybe even HD.  But in the evening, people are
mostly watching recent movies and exclusive content type TV shows, and those
are likely to be available in whatever quality your connection can support, if
your streaming device can do  it.

  I’m constantly amazed how much video people watch because personally I can’t
find that much I want to watch.  But I think the difference is the exclusive
content.  You have to get hooked on a certain show and then you either watch it
every week (for 2 seasons until it gets cancelled) or you binge watch it.  I
can’t invest in shows like that so I’m stuck looking for a movie or a rerun TV
show on Netflix I want to watch and frankly there’s not enough of that to spend
hours per day unless you’ll literally watch anything.