News article about some pot mixed with peppers being intercepted in San Diego.

Officials said:
  Not only did they prevent the drugs from reaching our community, they also
prevented millions of dollars of potential profit from making it into the hands
of a transnational criminal organization."

The first half of that does not make any sense to me because California now has
a vested interest in these so called “drugs” from reaching the community via
official channels.

The second half seems like it is more about the state losing the profit?

How is it worth the risk to import pot into a state that has recreational pot?
Is there a market for black market pot?