From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of dave via AF
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 8:51 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Cc: dave <dmilho...@wletc.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FCC Proposes Fines Against WISPs and Issues Warning to
Industry

What is the vert/horiz degree on those antennas or is it just one big
rotating parabolic dish ?
I imagine they would have hundreds of slim sectors of about 1deg each inside
a giant ball or dome.

On 8/23/19 8:39 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
> Sadly we have seen this several times before.  Weather radar is extremely
sensitive.  They use 60 dB antennas and scan in all directions.  If you are
within 100 miles of them and using their 5.4 channels it is almost ceartain
you will be caught.